You can also watch our #121 Live on YouTube. Make sure you hit the subscribe button to not miss any of our lives: https://youtube.com/live/cojQ8lpdgME
Welcome back! At Blend Precisely, we understand the importance of pricing your products effectively to maximize profitability and achieve business success. This article will delve into the various factors and strategies involved in determining the ideal pricing for your products.
Whether you have been in business for a while or you are completely new to the game, we might have a few nuggets in this blog post for you to make informed pricing decisions.
Let’s just take a moment and consider what could happen if you are not charging the correct price for your product or consultation.
Charging too much or too little for your products can have significant implications for your business. Below I explored the potential consequences of both scenarios:
Charging Too Much
- Decreased Demand: Setting prices excessively high may deter potential customers from purchasing your products. Higher prices can make your offerings less accessible and less competitive in the market, resulting in reduced demand.
- Loss of Customers: Existing customers may seek alternative options if they perceive that your prices are unjustifiably high. This can lead to customer churn and a decline in customer loyalty, impacting your long-term business sustainability.
- Negative Brand Perception: High prices without adequate value propositions can harm your brand image. Customers may view your business as greedy or exploitative, damaging your reputation and making it challenging to attract new customers.
- Market Share Erosion: Competitors with lower-priced alternatives may gain a competitive advantage by capturing your potential customers. This can result in a loss of market share and decreased revenue for your business.
- Reduced Profitability: While it may seem counterintuitive, charging excessively high prices doesn't always translate into higher profits. If the price significantly exceeds your costs and customer perceived value, you may experience lower sales volume, leading to decreased overall profitability.
Charging Too Little
- Reduced Profit Margin: Pricing your products too low can lead to slim profit margins or even losses. If the selling price does not adequately cover your costs, sustaining your business, in the long run, becomes challenging.
- Perceived Low Quality: Customers may associate low prices with inferior quality. If your prices are significantly lower than your competitors, it could create doubts about the value and reliability of your products, impacting customer trust and willingness to make a purchase.
- Undermining Brand Value: A consistently low pricing strategy can undermine the perceived value of your brand. It may be challenging to increase prices later without facing customer resistance, as they have become accustomed to your products being priced below market standards.
- Difficulty in Differentiation: Lower prices can make it difficult to differentiate your offerings from those of your competitors. Customers may perceive all products in your industry as relatively similar, leading them to make purchase decisions based solely on price rather than unique features or benefits.
- Unsustainable Business Model: In the long term, charging prices that are too low may jeopardize your ability to cover operational costs, invest in growth, or provide quality customer service. This can hinder your business's ability to thrive and expand.
Striking the right balance
Achieving the optimal pricing strategy requires careful consideration of your costs, market dynamics, and customer perception of value. We discuss this in detail in our Business Growth Membership. Knowing your costs and pricing your products to win the game is 101 Business.
So what to do
- Conducting thorough market research
- Analyzing competitor pricing
- Understanding your target audience's willingness to pay
- Sourcing your raw ingredients carefully (price/ quality balance)
- Including all your production costs accurately into your price calculations (using Blend Precisely will save you many hours of math headaches) to make an educated retail or wholesale price decision
Finding the right balance between pricing and value can attract customers, drive profitability, and build a sustainable business in the long run.
Remember, too, pricing decisions should be regularly evaluated and adjusted based on market conditions, cost fluctuations, and customer feedback to ensure your business remains competitive and profitable.
Prices have risen by a lot. Make sure you update your prices in Blend Precisely as well.
Also comparing pricing by purchasing larger quantities in order to increase your profit margin will make a huge difference. See screenshot below. You can almost cut the raw ingredient cost of Almond Oil down to a fourth by buying larger quantities. And if you go straight to their Etsy account it is even cheaper. Screenshot below is from their Amazon account.
If you need help setting up your business in a sustainable way or would like to be part of our growing Business Community consider joining us over HERE. In our One-Product-Success-Blueprint Membership you will find all the details you need to build a successful business.
Many lovely greetings and until next week.
Links mentioned in the video:
100% recycled paper transport sleeves: https://www.ecoenclose.com/shop/slivv/?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign&_kx=f8jyIK64USMijiKKYEo1yFgyQNBp0CjLCmHIZ7t-9VU%3D.TisFrX
Crinkle Paper: https://www.uline.com/Grp_212/Retail-Cushioning?pricode=WU286&AdKeyword=uline%20crinkle%20paper&AdMatchtype=e&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjryjBhD0ARIsAMLvnF8s9r2umoLnh8lAWBQxUHbqoTJm0I6Cg9XDp8_98bTpxWiyf6bLiLUaAnPQEALw_wcB
Honeycomb Cushioning Wrap Paper Rolls: https://www.amazon.com/Packaging-Honeycomb-Cushioning-Eco-Friendly-Packing/dp/B08P32FRVD?th=1
We currently offer a 14-Day free trial of our Aromatherapy Business Calculation software Blend Precisely.
Save hours of price calculations!
You Formulate. We Calculate.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.